As a gym instructor, over the last five years I have seen many people try to lose weight. Most pick up the latest celebrity diet plan or try to lose weight quickly for a special event such as a wedding and as a result of their need for a ‘quick fix’ gimmick, they fail.
Here are a few very basic and easy to follow rules which will help anybody to drop some unwanted poundage from their waistline.
* Okay first of all if you are trying to cut weight you need to consume less calories than you do now. Sounds simple, right? That’s the basic rule. If you’re not sure how many calories you currently eat per day keep a food diary for the next two days and develop an average between the two days consumption.
* Protein is great for weight loss, that’s a fact. If you snack throughout your day time then you need to stock up on protein rich foods. These come in the shape of fish, chicken, protein shakes and a whole ton of other options. The fact is when you eat protein you store way less fat than when you consume carbohydrates or fatty foods. Use that to your, and your hunger’s, advantage.
* Losing weight takes willpower. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t help yourself out whenever you can with a little unfair trick or two. You are easily more vulnerable to a fatty snack when you are halfway through a monster shift at your job and do not have any convenient tasty healthy food at hand. Take three-to-four small snack tubs in your back pack with you to work each day. Pack them with a protein rich snack. The calories won’t be very high given the size of the actual tub, but the protein will fend off all hunger and have far less impact on your body’s fat storage systems than a chocolate bar. Plus you’ll actually feel better.
* Rule number four is simple yet so many people get this wrong it’s unbelievable. How many women do you know who have cut down on carbs in order to lose weight? Probably tons. And why do they always hit a brick wall and find it impossible to lose weight just a couple of weeks in? Because they do not increase their protein intake as they drop carbs. You must do this, otherwise your body resorts to burning muscle and keeping fat.
* Last but certainly not least is our most important rule. Take a day off each week. Whether you want to or not, it’s a good move. Why? Because something as simple as a day off allows you to do two very important things….
First of all your body will react well to suddenly having a completely different day in its schedule. You will also end the risk that if you ever need to eat junk food your body won’t start reacting negatively because you have avoided it for years.
If you have had difficulty staying on a diet in the past you will absolutely love this one tip in particular. In fact this is the reason so many people fail. They cut out their favorite foods and punish themselves for wanting a better body. You don’t have to. That approach leads nowhere fast. Keep enjoying your day off. Sometimes just knowing you have it coming up is enough to stop you from binge eating during the week.
These rules are proven to work. If you are trying to lose weight fast or trying to simply shift an few pounds and keep them off forever, each step here will put you on the right track immediately.
Bio: Russ Howe PTI is a fitness instructor who shows people how to lose weight each day in the gym. Catch his guide to high intensity intervals with his what is hiit guide and achieve your peak physique..