You May Be Asking – How Do You Get A Wart?
Here is some basic information.
What Is A Wart?
A wart is a growth on the skin that is usually rough and small. Warts are usually found on your hands or feet but can show up other places on the body. Sometimes they look like a small cauliflower or a blister.
What Causes A Wart?
Warts are caused by an infection from the human papillomavirus of which there are up to 130 known different types of this virus.
How Do You Get A Wart?
You can get a wart from other people and are usually transmitted where the skin is broken like a cut or a sore. They can come and go.
What Are The Different Types Of Warts?
Here is a list of 6 of the most common types of warts:
- Common Wart: The common wart is a wart that is raised and has a surface that is rough. This wart is mostly found on the hands but can be found anywhere on your body.
- Flat Wart: The flat wart is small and has a smooth flattened look to it. It is flesh colored and can be found in large numbers. The flat wart can appear on the hands, neck, face, knees and wrists.
- Genital Wart: The genital wart is one of the most feared warts. This is a wart that appears on the genitalia and is considered an STD.
- Mosaic Wart: Mosaic warts are seen as a group of tightly clustered plantar-type warts. This wart is commonly found on the hands or soles of the feet.
- Periungual Wart: The periungual wart shows up as a cauliflower-like cluster of warts. These warts are commonly found around the nails.
- Plantar Wart:The plantar wart is a hard and sometimes painful wart that just looks like a lump. This wart often has multiple black specks in the center and is usually found on the soles of the feet where they contact the ground.
How Do You Treat a Wart?
Foot warts can be treated by various foot wart removal procedures such as:
– Laser therapy
– Salicylic acid
– Duct tape
– Home treatment for warts
Cryosurgery – This is a foot wart treatment that kills warts by means of very low temperatures. Your growth is touched by an instrument and this freezes and kills it.
Electrosurgery – This type of foot wart removal method uses electricity to burn your growth. It is touched by a needle heated by an electric current and this kills the wart’s cells.
Laser Therapy – Laser therapy is a type of foot wart treatment that uses a high-energy beam of light in order to burn your growth.
Cryosurgery, Elecrosurgery and laser therapy need to be done by a professional physician. Anesthesia may also be administered. These methods may cause scarring.
Salicylic Acid – This over the counter wart removal medication has been widely used in the treatment of many type of growths. Salicylic acid irritates the growth so that the immune system gets rid of the outer layer of the skin and so of the wart itself.
Salicylic acid needs to be administered for many weeks or months for some result. It may also irritate or scare your healthy skin. Further more read the instructions carefully before using this over the counter removal medication or better still consult your physician.
Duct Tape – This removal method uses a duct tape and a pumice stone to irritate your growth and so the immune system will hopefully get rid of your growth. Irritation and scarring may also occur.
Home Treatment for Warts – These involve various types of foot wart treatment involving ready available ingredients such as vinegar, garlic and many other ingredients.