Insomnia, or sleeplessness, is a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired.22% of Americans suffer insomnia every night.
1. Transient insomnia – lasts for less than a week.
2. Acute insomnia » inability to consistently sleep well for a period of less than a month.
3. Chronic insomnia – lasts for longer than a month.
– depression and anxiety
– posttraumatic stress disorder
– arthritis and headache disorders
– asthma and heart failure
– An overactive thyroid
– Gastrointestinal disorders
– A Sleep disorders
– Menopause and hot ﬂashes
– difficulty falling asleep
– waking during the night and being unable to return to sleep
– feeling unrefreshed upon waking
– daytime sleepiness. irritability or anxiety
– Individuals older than 60
– History of mental health disorder
– Emotional stress
– Working late night shifts
– Travelling through different time zones
ESSENTIAL OILS FOR INSOMNIA
1.Lavender EO 6.Roman Chamomile EO
2.Valerian so 7.Patchouli E0
3.Neroli EO 8.Sandalwood EO
4.Clary Sage E0 9.Cedarwoad EO
5.Vetiver E0 10.Marjoram EO
HERBS FOR INSOMNIA